I don't have a lot of patience for complaints that arbitration clauses take business away from trial lawyers. Where's Public Citizen complaining that trial lawyers impose mandatory arbitration clauses on their clients if the freedom to contract for arbitration of disputes is so awful?
Public Citizen's Unfair Attack on Arbitration
- The Unconscionability of California's "Amendable" Arbitration Agreements
- Two podcasts
- The cy pres morass and In re BankAmerica Corp. Securities Litigation
- von Spakovsky defends arbitration
- American Express v. Italian Colors: Reversal (5-3)
- Roach v. T.L. Cannon Corp.
- New Featured Discussion - Class Actions and Arbitration: American Express v. Italian Colors
- American Express v. Italian Colors
- New Report - Class Actions, Arbitration, and Consumer Rights: Why Concepcion is a Pro-Consumer Decision
- Public Citizen and social investors peddling falsehoods
- Some evidence Concepcion was pro-consumer
- Cert grant in American Express v. Italian Colors
- Rutledge and Drahozal on CFPB arbitration regulation
- Sherry on Dukes and Concepcion