The Manhattan Institute's Center for Legal Policy will continue tracking the impact of these alarming criminal-law trends in Ohio and other states in an effort to raise awareness of this grave threat to individual liberty and states' rights.
New Podcast: Federal overcriminalization hurts Ohioans
- Bond v. U.S.
- A Poster Child for Overcriminalization: The History of the Lacey Act
- Opposing FCPA Overcriminalization
- The Detrimental Effects of Extreme Deterrence
- The Bond That Ties: A Case-Study in Federalism
- Debate Concludes: The need for a reasonable mistake of law defense
- New Podcast: Discussing arbitrary licensing laws
- Reply: Never underestimate a defense lawyer's imagination
- A Debate: The need for a reasonable mistake of law defense
- Two podcasts
- Follow the debate: Overcriminalization is a problem, but a 'mistake of law defense' is not the right solution
- New Featured Discussion: Reconsidering the 'mistake of law defense' in the battle against overcriminalization
- Teen Sexting, Youthful Mistake or Felony?
- Illinois, Chicago treats small businesses like they're a problem