"Environmental Protection Agency officials are making an 'on-going practice' of 'near-immediate turnaround to provide records to environmentalist pressure groups,' while imposing 'starkly disparate treatment of groups with different perspectives but which are otherwise similarly situated,'" complains a Competitive Enterprise Institute FOIA request seeking data on the practice, as well as on the disparate use of fee waivers to create barriers to transparency. [Wash. Examiner]
FOIA politicization at EPA?
- The Ramifications of EPA v. EME Homer City Generation, L.P.
- CEI, Cato, and PLF weigh in on Mount Holly
- Michael Mann sues conservative critics for libel
- Around the web, June 23
- Lawsuit challenges Dodd-Frank
- Hans Bader: Ambulance chasers feast on Americans with Disabilities Act claims
- Sackett v. EPA
- A small victory against the EPA
- EPA carbon dioxide rules in DC Circuit
- Legal education: Debate shifts from content to competition
- Hans Bader on SEC charges against former Fannie and Freddie execs
- Hans Bader on the student loan disaster
- Hans Bader discusses dangers of courts relying on "international norms"
- Hans Bader on challenging class-action abuses
Center for Legal Policy at the