Two substantive petitions for rehearing were filed last Thursday in the Sirius XM case disposed of by Second Circuit summary order. One, filed by the Center for Class Action Fairness on behalf of its client, focuses on Judge Baer's racially discriminatory class certification order and the standing of class members to challenge it; the other, filed by another objector represented by attorney Steve Miller, focuses on the panel's failure to reconcile its affirmance of the $0 settlement with the precedents of other courts and the Class Action Fairness Act. Amicus petitions, if any, are due Thursday.
Blessing v. Sirius XM en banc petitions
- Press coverage of Citigroup Securities Litigation contract-lawyer fee request
- Fraser v. Asus Computer
- Request for assistance: In re Citigroup Securities Litigation
- Second Circuit "punts" in Blessing v. Sirius
- Stop complaining about the legal job market
- Where are the lawsuits on behalf of Asian-Americans?
- Pecover v. Electronic Arts class action settlement objection
- CCAF objects to Easy Saver coupon settlement
- Hans Bader on disparate impact liability
- Does Fisher matter?
- United States v. Caronia
- Blessing v. Sirius XM Second Circuit argument tomorrow morning
- Cert grant in American Express v. Italian Colors
- Briefing complete in In re Online DVD Antitrust Lit. (9th Cir.)
Center for Legal Policy at the