"[David] Skeel is withering in his assessment that the legislation itself will likely be a complete failure in attaining its intended objectives. In fact, not only does Skeel conclude that Dodd-Frank will largely fail in accomplishing its central objectives, it will create additional unintended consequences that will result in substantial economic, financial, and even political harm." [Zywicki @ Liberty & Law; The New Financial Deal: Understanding the Dodd-Frank Act and Its (Unintended) Consequences]
Zywicki on Skeel on Dodd-Frank
- The CFTC's Victorious Day in Court
- Harvey Pitt on the future of the SEC
- Persistent Lack of Deliberation by the CFTC
- The latest CFTC rulemaking challenge
- CFTC's aggressive extraterritorial reach
- Nanny-state unintended consequences department?
- Durbin Amendment punishes DC parkers
- NAM, Chamber, challenge Dodd-Frank conflict minerals rule
- Things that should be bigger scandals department
- "They want us to go back to the same old policies that got us into this mess in the first place"
- Around the web, September 16
- Dodd-Frank "conflict mineral" regulations
- Dodd-Frank: From "Say on Pay" to "Internal Pay Equity"
- Lawsuit challenges Dodd-Frank
Center for Legal Policy at the