In last night's vice presidential debate, Joe Biden purported to "guarantee" that no Obama-nominated judge would ever vote to overturn Roe v. Wade. Never mind what this "guarantee" is backed up by -- Joe's dental work? -- it demonstrates the Obama administration's view of the Judiciary. As I argue over at NRO's "Corner," the very idea that a president could guarantee the actions of an independent branch of government ought to be too unseemly to mention, even for Joe Biden. The former Judiciary Committee stalwart also claimed that overturning Roe would "outlaw abortion" -- in fact, it would simply return the issue to the states, as I also explain at NRO.
Can Joe Biden Control the Judiciary?
- The Ramifications of EPA v. EME Homer City Generation, L.P.
- Update on BAMN
- The Bond That Ties: A Case-Study in Federalism
- Supreme Court Ethics Act of 2013
- More Fact Checking That You Won't See Elsewhere
- The Defining Moment of the Presidential Debate
- Sen. Graham's curious praise for the ABA
- Writing conservatives out of "mainstream" thought
- Lawsuit challenges Dodd-Frank
- ABA double standard on judicial nominations
- Elizabeth Warren's phony diversity
- Medical malpractice reform passes House
- Recess appointments debate complete
- New Featured Discussion: Recess appointments
Center for Legal Policy at the