Via Alison Frankel, the Federal Circuit reversed a preliminary injunction Apple won in the Northern District of California against a Samsung smartphone over a patented minor feature. As Frankel notes, the decision is an implicit endorsement of Judge Posner's recent ruling in an Apple-Motorola patent dispute that "minor features in complex devices most features of which are not alleged to infringe" are not grounds for more than nominal damages, and certainly not grounds for injunction.
Federal Circuit rejects Apple injunction on Samsung
- Opening brief in Kitagawa v. Apple (9th Cir.)
- Apple v. Samsung, part I
- Access to justice for me, but not for thee department
- Robert F. Booth Trust v. Crowley oral argument
- Around the web, May 10
- Around the web, April 11
- Prospective injunctive relief class actions and McNair v. Synapse Group Inc.
- Apple iPhone 4 bumper class action settlement
- Pane and Suffering at Apple Store on Long Island
- Around the web, March 13
- Apple class actions
- Setback for Chevron in fraudulent Ecuador litigation
- "When Lawyers Become Trolls"
- McClintic v. Lithia Motors
Center for Legal Policy at the