As we've repeatedly pointed out over the years, not only did Lilly Ledbetter deservedly lose her lawsuit, the bill passed in her name has cost jobs and done nothing to reduce the gender gap in wages, which, in the 21st century, is a result of phenomena other than discrimination. Heaven forfend all the fact-checkers incorrectly calling out the Romney campaign on welfare do their jobs in this particular instance.
A Lilly Ledbetter reminder
- Election aftermath
- One more note on the election
- My election prediction
- 2012 election: why Nate Silver and FiveThirtyEight.com might be wrong and Romney might be doing better than Silver thinks
- Ledbetter again
- The libertarian case for Romney
- "They want us to go back to the same old policies that got us into this mess in the first place"
- Around the web, September 5
- More on vice-presidential vetting
- Lawyers and law firms contribute heavily to the presidential campaign
- Speaking of vetting
- Off-topic: vice-presidential vetting
- Around the web, May 11
- Obama and gay marriage