We've previously discussed the fishy $0 Fraley v. Facebook settlement that would've paid over $10 million to the attorneys: June 20; July 12; July 31. Friday, the district court rejected preliminary approval of the settlement, relying heavily on the Center for Class Action Fairness's Bluetooth victory, singling out the self-dealing "clear sailing" and kicker provisions of the settlement. Before Bluetooth, similar settlements were routinely rubber-stamped in the Northern District of California. [Online Media Daily; Wired]
Bluetooth ripples: Fraley v. Facebook
- Food lawsuits
- In re Online DVD Rental Antitrust Litigation
- Update: Apple iPhone 4 bumper class action settlement
- Parloff on cy pres
- Groupon class action settlement: when is $8.5 million not $8.5 million?
- Around the web, July 27
- Damned if you do files: Chase Bank credit card class action
- Bluetooth ripples: Dennis v. Kellogg Co.
- In re EasySaver Rewards Litigation class action settlement
- Fraley v. Facebook update
- $1,525,000 for attorneys, $41,510.35 for the class?
- Access to justice for me, but not for thee department
- Update: In re Baby Products
- Around the web, June 23
Center for Legal Policy at the