20-year-old Lauren Gray plans to self-deport because her E-2 visa status expires on her 21st birthday, and the US, nine years after her grandparents submitted an application, still hasn't given her a green card. But if she had come to the country illegally instead of following the rules, she'd be eligible for the Obama administration's June 15 "deferred action request" amnesty.
Obama immigration policy rewards illegal immigrants over legal ones
- Podcast with Ilya Shapiro: Arizona v. U.S.
- Arizona v. U.S. Podcast: Post-decision analysis with Adam Freedman
- Arizona Immigration: Foreign Policy Trumps Federalism?
- Around the web, May 11
- How will the Supreme Court rule in Arizona v. U.S.?
- Speaking of upside-down premption: Arizona v. United States
- Podcast with Ilya Shapiro: Arizona v. U.S. analysis and predictions
- Romney and self-deporting
- January 9 Jakadrien Turner update
- Jakadrien Turner update
- The deportation of Jakadrien Turner
- Around the web, September 9
- DOJ's immigration sieve
- Chamber of Commerce v. Whiting
Center for Legal Policy at the