...you can consider that its part-owner, Ranaan Katz, is someone who uses his money to hire attorneys to sue critics in attempts to shut down criticism (or even just less-than-perfectly-flattering photos) of him; the latest legal maneuver seeks a prior restraint on a blogger. [Popehat; Miami New Times; Pixiq; Randazza brief opposing injunction]
If you're looking for another reason to root against the Miami Heat...
- In the Matter of McCutcheon: The Merits of Campaign-Finance "Aggregation"
- Teen Sexting, Youthful Mistake or Felony?
- New Florida Supreme Court Decision Expands Tort Liability for Pure Economic Harm
- Ninth Circuit refuses to extend Caronia
- Ahmed v. McDonald's
- RICO jury verdict on fraudulent asbestos claims
- Annals of meritless cause litigation
- More on Caronia
- United States v. Caronia
- Michael Mann sues conservative critics for libel
- The libertarian case for Romney
- "The terrorists' veto"
- Around the web, September 16
- Around the web, September 4
- Single Oxycontin pill = ruined life
Center for Legal Policy at the