...you can consider that its part-owner, Ranaan Katz, is someone who uses his money to hire attorneys to sue critics in attempts to shut down criticism (or even just less-than-perfectly-flattering photos) of him; the latest legal maneuver seeks a prior restraint on a blogger. [Popehat; Miami New Times; Pixiq; Randazza brief opposing injunction]
If you're looking for another reason to root against the Miami Heat...
- Happy Fourth of July!
- Senator McConnell defends the First Amendment
- The unfair attack on ALEC
- Around the web, March 13
- Day v. Persels & Associates
- "Porsche girl" lawsuit update
- Around the web, January 27
- No good deed goes unpunished files
- Berkeley anti-Israel protest litigation
- Around the web, October 31
- Proposed Eurozone solution: sue the ratings agencies
- Coming soon: felony to satirize TSA?
- Around the web, September 30
- What's in the water in Wisconsin?
Center for Legal Policy at the