Mayor Bloomberg wants to ban the sale of sugary sodas larger than 16 ounces. Dairy drinks are not subject to the proposal, so we'll almost certainly see substitution towards milkshakes. (And see Mika Brzezinski defend the ban while drinking a venti Starbucks.) Caleb Brown suggests an entertaining loophole: buy one bottle, get one free.
Your Nanny Bloomberg update
- Food lawsuits
- EEOC: 600-pound man entitled to ADA protection
- San Francisco anti-Happy-Meal law doesn't work the way they wanted it to
- Judge Upholds New Rules Prohibiting the 'Occupation' of Zuccotti Park
- Obesity and food stamps
- Around the web, August 22
- Michelle Obama orders a burger, fries, and a shake
- "A nation of lawyers and judges"
- Speaking in Chicago Monday and Tuesday
- Around the web, December 29
- Senate passes trimmed-down 9/11 responders compensation bill
- Ercoline v. Unilever - $0 settlement for the class
- The end (?) of Pelman v. McDonald's
Center for Legal Policy at the