Secondary boycotts on ALEC supporters demonstrate a breakdown of civil society. Liberals have NCSL and NAAG and any number of Soros-funded organizations where legislators can exchange ideas and think about model legislation; heaven forfend free-market legislators have the same. The racial mau-mauing is especially disgusting and unfair, especially given the fact that so many of these former ALEC supporters were already supporting the Congressional Black Caucus, which refuses membership to African-Americans who don't toe their anti-market and racial-grievance line. [Adler @ Volokh; Smith @ WSJ and @CCP; WSJ; Bader; Forbes; Cherokee Tribune; Franklin Center; ALEC]
The unfair attack on ALEC
- In the Matter of McCutcheon: The Merits of Campaign-Finance "Aggregation"
- Teen Sexting, Youthful Mistake or Felony?
- Ninth Circuit refuses to extend Caronia
- Ahmed v. McDonald's
- More on Caronia
- United States v. Caronia
- Michael Mann sues conservative critics for libel
- The libertarian case for Romney
- "The terrorists' veto"
- Around the web, September 16
- Around the web, September 4
- Around the web, July 27
- Happy Fourth of July!
- If you're looking for another reason to root against the Miami Heat...
- Senator McConnell defends the First Amendment
Center for Legal Policy at the