Fourth Circuit Judge J. Harvie Wilkinson has a new book titled Cosmic Constitutional Theory: Why Americans Are Losing Their Inalienable Right to Self-Governance, which argues against "an ever-increasing displacement of democracy." George Will discusses. See also: Adam White in WSJ; The Public Discourse; Graber; Mirror of Justice; Rosen in NYT.
Wilkinson on the constitutional right to be left alone
- New Podcast: Who violates the constitution--statutes or individuals?
- New Podcast: Arkansas Game and Fish Commission v. United States
- Affirmative Action vs. Equal Protection
- "Obama's Property Grab"
- The Defining Moment of the Presidential Debate
- Supreme Court Preview - October Term 2012
- New Podcast on "The Naked Constitution"
- It's the Spending Clause, stupid!
- A mixed bag, but ultimately an activist decision
- Roberts can be criticized, but he's no Souter
- Indiana court nullifies statutory limitation on joint and several liability
- New podcasts from the Manhattan Institute
- Maryland high court: allergy is disability requiring accommodation
- Where Newt's wrong--and where he's right