If you're putting your prescription medication in a seven-day pill box to ensure you don't forget to take your pills (or to make it easier to travel with a single container instead of bringing your whole medicine chest), you're breaking the law in many states. And remember to declare that original container to Customs when you cross the border.
- Bond v. U.S.
- A Poster Child for Overcriminalization: The History of the Lacey Act
- Opposing FCPA Overcriminalization
- The Detrimental Effects of Extreme Deterrence
- Debate Concludes: The need for a reasonable mistake of law defense
- Reply: Never underestimate a defense lawyer's imagination
- A Debate: The need for a reasonable mistake of law defense
- Follow the debate: Overcriminalization is a problem, but a 'mistake of law defense' is not the right solution
- New Featured Discussion: Reconsidering the 'mistake of law defense' in the battle against overcriminalization
- Teen Sexting, Youthful Mistake or Felony?
- New Podcast: Federal overcriminalization hurts Ohioans
- Illinois, Chicago treats small businesses like they're a problem
- A better solution to prison overcrowding
- Whose Intent is it Anyway? The Case for State Flexibility in Criminal Law
- Recklessly Jailing Bankers
Center for Legal Policy at the