Both the Center for Individual Rights and PLF have filed Second Circuit amicus briefs arguing against Judge Harold Baer's requirements that class counsel meet racial quotas in Blessing v. Sirius XM. (Oddly, neither brief was online; I was waiting for the organizations to publicize their January filings before posting. I've now uploaded them: PLF; CIR.
Blessing v. Sirius XM racial quota update
- On the Supreme Court cert docket: Glazer and Butler
- Businessweek on class actions
- Two podcasts
- No, Virginia, the employment class action is not dead
- CEI, Cato, and PLF weigh in on Mount Holly
- Sullivan v. DB Investments: Judge Jordan's dissent was right
- Sears v. Butler GVR'ed
- "The Supreme Court Must Stop The Trial Lawyers' War On Innovation"
- Sears v Butler
- CCAF objection in Fraley v. Facebook sponsored stories class action settlement
- Roach v. T.L. Cannon Corp.
- Richard Epstein and Ted Frank on Comcast v. Behrend
- Comcast v. Behrend
- Blessing v. Sirius XM en banc petitions
- Second Circuit "punts" in Blessing v. Sirius