1.7 million Tassimo coffee brewers are being recalled after several dozen incidents where the "T-cups" burst open and caused second-degree burns. Note the distinction between a product-liability case like Tassimo (where the allegation would be that a design defect causes hot coffee to spill on people) and one like Stella Liebeck's (where she alleged that any coffee that could potentially cause burns was defective because she spilled it on herself). Note also that the existence of the Tassimo burn cases refutes the very notion in the McDonald's case that it is unusual for coffee to be hot enough to cause hospitalizations.
Hot coffee can cause burns at home, too
- Zippers, penis injuries, and McDonald's hot coffee redux
- Zippers and McDonald's hot coffee
- A McDonald's hot coffee status report
- "Hot Coffee" Truth
- Stella Liebeck anniversary
- CJD still lying about hot coffee
- Questions for Susan Saladoff about "Hot Coffee"
- Lago Agrio lawyers lobbying state AGs?
- Jamie Leigh Jones lawsuit falling apart
- Debunking Susan Saladoff's "Hot Coffee"
- Around the web, March 10
- Around the web, January 31
- Gerald Colbert v. Sonic Restaurants hot coffee case