It's worth noting that, notwithstanding fulminations from the plaintiffs' attorneys, the appeal hasn't yet delayed the settlement at all: even if there had been no appeal, the settlement moneys still would not be distributed, because Elouise Cobell's collateral request for reconsideration of an extra $10.5 million to be paid to her (another document absent from the indiantrust.com website) is still pending at the district-court level.
Capriccioso on Cobell appeal
- Cy pres in the appellate courts: In re Lupron and In re Baby Products
- Settlements in Kansas "hot fuel" litigation MDL
- $7M for attorneys, $0.5M for class
- Dewey v. Volkswagen oral argument tomorrow
- How much is the Bluetooth settlement injunction worth?
- EPA carbon dioxide rules in DC Circuit
- Bad typography evidence of bad faith?
- Apple class actions
- Around the web, February 21
- Cobell v. Salazar oral argument in DC Circuit
- Sioux sue
- Herzfeld & Rubin, Volkswagen, and Stockholm Syndrome
- "A Public Letter From the Cobell Lawyers Prompts Ethics and Harassment Concerns"
- McClintic v. Lithia Motors
Center for Legal Policy at the