An important Federalist Society white paper on how trial-lawyer-stacked judiciaries are vetoting civil justice reforms in a number of states, and looking at a number of upcoming state-court cases challenging caps on damages.
"State Court Challenges to Legislatively Enacted Tort Reforms"
- What the Gosnell case tells us about medical malpractice efficacy
- Standard Fire v. Knowles
- Accutane recusal motion update
- Breaking: Fifth Circuit upholds Mississippi damages caps
- Epstein on providing for the poor
- "Supreme Court case involves medical malpractice awards, Medicaid"
- More on Higbee recusal motion in Accutane litigation
- Does Fisher matter?
- Copland on magnet courts
- The Philadelphia Story
- New Podcast on "The Naked Constitution"
- HRT punitive damages before Pennsylvania Supreme Court
- $1M baseball bat verdict overturned in Oklahoma
- ILR survey of state litigation environments
- Cert grant in The Standard Fire Insurance Co. v. Knowles