Disgruntled GOP'er Professor Bainbridge: "If the trial lawyers hate Rick Perry, maybe I should reconsider him." Perry is putting his tort-reform record front and center, and is the only candidate noting that part of our jobs problem is overlitigation. Meanwhile, as a new study notes, medical malpractice costs are several times higher in New York than Texas, which is one reason doctors are voting with their feet.
Texas tort reform could be a 2012 issue
- M&A challenges and attorneys' fees
- No relationship between million-dollar-plus medmal payouts and prior record
- What the Gosnell case tells us about medical malpractice efficacy
- Courts beginning to reject M&A strike suits
- Suing doctors and drug companies for addiction to pain medication?
- Class action settlements in the news
- Epstein on providing for the poor
- "Supreme Court case involves medical malpractice awards, Medicaid"
- Told you so files: no link between cancer and Ground Zero
- LRANY on New York Trial Lawyers Association political spending
- Copland on magnet courts
- Election aftermath
- One more note on the election
- My election prediction
- 2012 election: why Nate Silver and FiveThirtyEight.com might be wrong and Romney might be doing better than Silver thinks
Center for Legal Policy at the