I'll be on the radio, WGN (Chicago) today at 11:05 Central talking about overcriminalization, mens rea in criminal statutes, and the Shelton case.
On WGN (Chicago) today
- Bond v. U.S.
- A Poster Child for Overcriminalization: The History of the Lacey Act
- New Video: Manhattan Institute Event on Class Action Lawsuits
- Opposing FCPA Overcriminalization
- The Detrimental Effects of Extreme Deterrence
- Debate Concludes: The need for a reasonable mistake of law defense
- Reply: Never underestimate a defense lawyer's imagination
- A Debate: The need for a reasonable mistake of law defense
- Two podcasts
- Follow the debate: Overcriminalization is a problem, but a 'mistake of law defense' is not the right solution
- New Featured Discussion: Reconsidering the 'mistake of law defense' in the battle against overcriminalization
- Teen Sexting, Youthful Mistake or Felony?
- New Podcast: Federal overcriminalization hurts Ohioans
- Illinois, Chicago treats small businesses like they're a problem
- A better solution to prison overcrowding