Today's testimony by Andrew Pincus before the Senate Judiciary Committee refutes any theorizing that the Supreme Court has a pro-business bias. As Alison Frankel documents, the hearing is part of a litigation-lobby-motivated push to roll back Supreme Court opinions that promote the rule of law. The 10:30 AM hearing will be webcast.
What pro-business bias? (continued)
- On the Supreme Court cert docket (II): Limelight v. Akamai
- The Bond That Ties: A Case-Study in Federalism
- The Unconscionability of California's "Amendable" Arbitration Agreements
- TLI Update: Supreme Court To Hear Patent Troll Cases
- Businessweek on class actions
- In the Matter of McCutcheon: The Merits of Campaign-Finance "Aggregation"
- "A Facebook Deal That Needs Unfriending"
- The cy pres morass and In re BankAmerica Corp. Securities Litigation
- CEI, Cato, and PLF weigh in on Mount Holly
- Marek v. Lane & Dry Max Pampers in today's NY Times
- Epstein on the pro-business Supreme Court myth
- Supreme Court Ethics Act of 2013
- Joe Nocera nails it
- Cy pres in SCOTUS? Facebook Beacon settlement certiorari petition
- Recess Appointments Update