In a paper for WLF, Robert A. McTamaney argues for preemption of New York's overbroad Martin Act.
Martin Act abuses
- Mutual Pharmaceutical Co. v. Bartlett
- Full Federal Pre-emption of State Consumer Protection Food Suits
- Told you so files: no link between cancer and Ground Zero
- LRANY on New York Trial Lawyers Association political spending
- Manhattan Institute Event: Overcriminalizing the Empire State?
- James Copland on overcriminalization: NY prosecutors have too much power
- 9/11 Victim Compensation Fund becoming a slush fund
- More on Bartlett v. Mutual Pharm.
- Around the web, May 11
- First Circuit: juries can second-guess FDA "safe and effective" finding
- New York pro bono requirement
- Speaking of upside-down premption: Arizona v. United States
- EEOC "guidance" on use of conviction records
- Pane and Suffering at Apple Store on Long Island
- The problem of the special master
Center for Legal Policy at the