Walter Olson on the latest Toyota recall. It's worth noting that Toyota has already settled the most famous (and perhaps only) case of a floor-mat-caused acceleration.
"Pressuring Toyota into an Overcautious Recall"
- New Jersey creates new cause of action for texting
- Joe Nocera nails it
- "New Study: U.S. Legal System Is World's Most Costly"
- Deep pockets files: California concrete thrower
- What does a $1.1B class action settlement have in common with Gilad Shalit's rescue?
- Toyota settles shareholder suit over sudden acceleration hysteria
- Around the web, April 11
- $2.7 billion nanny-state regulation
- Behind the paywall
- Bluetooth ripples: Collado v. Toyota
- Around the web, August 11
- Roundup, July 18
- Counterproductive CAFE regulations
- Insurers and Toyota sudden acceleration
- What media bias?