Former Senator and presidential candidate Fred Thompson is reduced to being a lobbyist for trial lawyers in Tennessee—or it's a sign of how much rent-seeking benefits the trial bar at the expense of the public that they can afford someone so prominent to try to defeat tort reform efforts. The Tennessee Report story extensively quotes me.
Me versus that guy from Law & Order
- New Featured Discussion:"Class actions: rife with abuse or an important legal safeguard?"
- Medical malpractice reform passes House
- Federal constitutional challenge to Texas tort reform rejected
- HR 5
- Behind the paywall
- Talking Freddie Mac on 89.3 KPCC-LA (NPR)
- SOPA protests demonstrate the value of limited-government principles
- Frankel on Baer race quota orders
- Madison County's controversial asbestos litigation system under fire yet again
- A shocking concession by Svorny on medical malpractice caps
- Around the web, December 15
- Spirited med-mal debate complete!
- Marie Gryphon cited for work on loser pays
- New Featured Discussion: MI and Cato scholars debate med-mal
- Responding to Professor Fitzpatrick on class action fees
Center for Legal Policy at the