- "Bad Lawsuits Cost Good Jobs" in California. [California CALA]
- "Throttled by Compliance" [Richard Epstein @ Hoover via OL]
- Transparency needed for state attorneys general. [McCollum @ W$J]
- Obama on his opposition to Bush Guantanamo military tribunals: never mind. [WSJ]
- Overcriminalization alert: felony child pornography charges for man who made joke video of him singing naughty song with faked reaction shots from children. [NYT; Volokh; Balko; Savage; Facebook]
- Amicus briefs filed in Virginia v. Sebelius Obamacare case. [ACA Litigation Blog]
- Lerach chutzpah on pension-fund mess. [Fisher @ Forbes]
Around the web, March 9
- Bond v. U.S.
- A Poster Child for Overcriminalization: The History of the Lacey Act
- Bidding Bye to the Bank
- Opposing FCPA Overcriminalization
- The Detrimental Effects of Extreme Deterrence
- Bureau of Consumer Financial Protection as State AG
- Debate Concludes: The need for a reasonable mistake of law defense
- Reply: Never underestimate a defense lawyer's imagination
- A Debate: The need for a reasonable mistake of law defense
- Follow the debate: Overcriminalization is a problem, but a 'mistake of law defense' is not the right solution
- The hidden weight on our educational system
- New Featured Discussion: Reconsidering the 'mistake of law defense' in the battle against overcriminalization
- Teen Sexting, Youthful Mistake or Felony?
- The Detrimental Effects of De-Fanging Industry's "Animal Spirits"
- New Podcast: Federal overcriminalization hurts Ohioans
Center for Legal Policy at the