The American Association for Justice's winter convention begins Friday, Feb. 4, at the Loews Miami Beach Hotel. As usual the agendas for the "Litigation as Sunrise" sessions offer an interesting overview of what's new, hot and even-more-speculative than usual in personal injury, products liability and class-action lawsuits.
The Tuesday, Feb. 8, session starts at 6:30 a.m. Presenters get 10 minutes to make their pitch.
- Mixed-Motive Employment Cases in the Wake of Gross v. FBL Financial: The History, Current State, and Future for the Cause of Action -- Matthew S. Sarelson, FL
- How to Identify the FLSA Case: Common Fact Patterns and Case Types -- Charles Lance Gould, AL
- Cruise Ship Injuries and Actions: What You Need to Know -- John H. (Jack) Hickey, FL
- Plastic Surgery Malpractice -- Spencer M. Aronfeld, FL
- Failure to Diagnose in the ER and Other Resources from the AAJ Exchange -- TBD
- How to Win a RICO Case Against Pharmaceutical Giants for Off-Label Marketing -- Thomas M. Greene, MA
- Reglan -- William B. Curtis, TX
- Fosamax -- Meryl S. Viener, NY
- Accutane -- Sejal K. Brahmbhatt, TX
- Zimmer NexGen Knee Replacement Recall -- Timothy J. Becker, MN
- Pro Bono Volunteerism--New Opportunities for Social Change -- Betsy Cavendish, The Appleseed Network, DC