MI's Heather Mac Donald has a must-read piece on the Vulcan Society disparate impact employment discrimination litigation, where Judge Nicholas Garaufis has gotten just about every piece of public policy wrong, and made faulty factual findings bootstrapped on other faulty factual findings, all at the expense of New York City taxpayers and those who seek competent firefighters.
Vulcan Society litigation
- Around the web, April 11
- What does the Baylor Law data leak tell us about affirmative action?
- Around the web, February 21
- EEOC: discrimination against criminals is illegal
- Proposed HUD regulation: no discriminatory intent needed to violate Fair Housing Act
- Judge Upholds New Rules Prohibiting the 'Occupation' of Zuccotti Park
- Around the web, September 27
- No evidence of health effects from WTC dust
- "Justice's New War Against Lenders"
- Bloomberg win on EEOC work/life balance suit
- Damned if you do files: Briscoe v. New Haven
- "Disparate Impact Realism"
- Wal-Mart v. Dukes not end of world
- Taylor on Title VI disparate impact claims
- DOJ "witch hunt" against banks?
Center for Legal Policy at the