MI's Heather Mac Donald has a must-read piece on the Vulcan Society disparate impact employment discrimination litigation, where Judge Nicholas Garaufis has gotten just about every piece of public policy wrong, and made faulty factual findings bootstrapped on other faulty factual findings, all at the expense of New York City taxpayers and those who seek competent firefighters.
Vulcan Society litigation
- CFPB and Disparate Impact
- CEI, Cato, and PLF weigh in on Mount Holly
- New blog: Executive Branch Review
- Mac Donald on stop-and-frisk trial
- "Worst FDNY class in the department's history"
- Where are the lawsuits on behalf of Asian-Americans?
- Hans Bader on disparate impact liability
- Does Fisher matter?
- Things that should be bigger scandals department
- "They want us to go back to the same old policies that got us into this mess in the first place"
- The soft bigotry of low expectations
- "Equal Opportunity Employment Restoration Act"
- Around the web, May 1
- LA Riots, 20 years later
- EEOC "guidance" on use of conviction records