- Third Circuit holds that junk-science cell-phone radiation claims preempted by federal law. [Beck; Jackson; NLJ; Farina v. Nokia]
- Journal of Tort Law has special issue dedicated to Richard Epstein. [J Tort L via TortsProf]
- More in defense of confidentiality designations. [Drug and Device Law]
- Is federal habeas review of state-court non-capital decisions extraneous? (To which I would add, why stop at non-capital decisions?) [SCOTUSblog]
- North County Gazette claims that it will sue readers who don't voluntarily donate to read its website. [Boing Boing]
Around the web, October 26
- Reining in the costs of the U.S. litigation system
- Two podcasts
- Teen Sexting, Youthful Mistake or Felony?
- New Jersey creates new cause of action for texting
- Mutual Pharmaceutical Co. v. Bartlett
- Sullivan v. DB Investments: Judge Jordan's dissent was right
- Full Federal Pre-emption of State Consumer Protection Food Suits
- Comcast v. Behrend
- Citigroup Securities update
- Baby Products press coverage
- Third Circuit victory for CCAF in Baby Products settlement
- Richard Epstein: Takings Law, Without a Theory
- Gene Weingarten on Jeffrey MacDonald and "A Wilderness of Error"
- "The death penalty is a joke."
- Richard Epstein: The Supreme Court's tortured takings jurisprudence
Center for Legal Policy at the