The Ocean State Policy Research Institute wants some answers about McConnell's role in a corrupt $2.5 million cy pres award in the Rhode Island lead paint litigation—to a Massachusetts hospital that Motley Rice owed money to, and that accepted the cy pres award as satisfaction of Motley Rice's obligation, thus serving as a laundered attorney's fee. A shame neither the Democratic U.S. Attorney nor the Democratic state attorney general is going to investigate it: the Senate Judiciary Committee should take this opportunity to do so.
More on the John McConnell (D.R.I.) nomination
- Update on BAMN
- Two podcasts
- "A Facebook Deal That Needs Unfriending"
- The cy pres morass and In re BankAmerica Corp. Securities Litigation
- Marek v. Lane & Dry Max Pampers in today's NY Times
- Speaking at 2013 ABA Class Action National Institute
- Supreme Court Ethics Act of 2013
- CCAF Sixth Circuit victory in Pampers Dry Max
- Cy pres and Stanford Law's Center on Internet and Society
- Cy pres in SCOTUS? Facebook Beacon settlement certiorari petition
- Opening brief in In re EasySaver Rewards Litigation
- Tennessee: The 'vacancy crisis'
- CCAF objection in Fraley v. Facebook sponsored stories class action settlement
- Pigford makes it into the New York Times
- University of South Carolina Law School cy pres
Center for Legal Policy at the