- Federal judge in California outlaws 95% of U.S. sugar crop. [WLF; Center for Food Safety v. Vilsack]
- Sotomayor: My intelligence was only criticized because I was Hispanic. [Denver Post via ABAJ; see also Blackman]
- Prison rape and Eric Holder. [NY Rev. Books; BJS]
- We've been saying this for years: how the next hurricane could bankrupt Florida. Thanks, Governor Crist! [FrumForum]
- Magical thinking at the International Criminal Court. [Rabkin @ Weekly Standard]
- Mistrial denied in Skilled Healthcare case. AP coverage doesn't highlight any of the shenanigans that resulted in the lawless verdict. [AP; Times-Standard]
- Obama administration refusing to engage in deportations. [NYT via FedSoc]
- IHS interviews IJ's Bob McNamara.
Around the web, August 30
- Bond v. U.S.
- Chevron-Ecuador and Steven Donziger update
- New Florida Supreme Court Decision Expands Tort Liability for Pure Economic Harm
- RICO jury verdict on fraudulent asbestos claims
- Santa's liability issues
- The myth of the myth of voting fraud, continued
- No comment needed
- The case of Katie: Progressive doing unwell in social media
- Single Oxycontin pill = ruined life
- Obama immigration policy rewards illegal immigrants over legal ones
- Arizona v. U.S. Podcast: Post-decision analysis with Adam Freedman
- If you're looking for another reason to root against the Miami Heat...
- Around the web, June 23
- Supreme Court Takes A Bite Out Of Double Jeopardy
- Around the web, May 11