- Obama administration made illegal race-based decisions when closing GM and Chrysler dealerships. [Bader @ Examiner]
- Taxpayers will indirectly fund AIG bailout of trial lawyers. [D&O Diary]
- More job-killing from the Obama administration, in a "regulatory avalanche" of new obligations and liabilities. [Ogletree Deakins via OL]
- San Diego lawyer resuscitates Molski strategy of threatening strike suits for ADA violations. [ABAJ]
- Epstein and Yoo on liberal bias in law schools. I'll happily be a datapoint for the proposition that there exist conservatives who "don't want to go through the hassle of a biased hiring and promotion process." [Ricochet]
- The mistrust industry. [Ribstein @ Forbes]
- Beatles tribute band sues another Beatles tribute band for imitation. [Post @ Volokh]
- Pharmaceutical industry loves Harry Reid these days. Which makes me considerably less inclined to speak out when the Reid-led Congress decides to give trial lawyers additional tools to sue the industry; for all I know, that was just part of the deal PhRMA cut for itself. [Timothy Carney @ DC Examiner]
Around the web, July 26
- AIG, Government Rescues, and Billion Dollar Copiers
- Defining 'responsible': If President Obama were a CEO?
- Maybe that AIG case isn't so crazy?
- AIG's Attitude of Gratitude
- Yuba City pays Danegeld
- Around the web, September 16
- EEOC: 600-pound man entitled to ADA protection
- Lawyers and law firms contribute heavily to the presidential campaign
- Is the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau truly independent?
- Around the web, June 23
- ATMs and the ADA
- The John Edwards trial: "Cad Example"
- Arbitrary campaign finance prosecution department
- Around the web, May 10
- Obama and gay marriage