Victor Schwartz in the Washington Times correctly notes that the devil is in the details for the $20 billion BP fund. I can easily envision billions of dollars of the fund being siphoned to attorneys, rather than to victims, if it is not administered properly.
Schwartz on BP $20 billion fund
- NY's highest court rejects medical monitoring claim
- $42M verdict reinstated in Kentucky fen-phen fraud
- Schwartz et al. on climate-change litigation
- "Hot Coffee" Truth
- Settlements in Kansas "hot fuel" litigation MDL
- New podcasts from the Manhattan Institute
- Event video featuring Kenneth R. Feinberg: Is America's legal system broken?
- Chesley experts in two cases drop testimony
- "Times Story On BP Spill Pulls Its Punches Against Lawyers"
- Around the web, April 14
- In anticipation of the hearing on the Lawsuit Abuse Reduction Act
- Ken Feinberg and the Kentucky fen-phen suit
- Kentucky fen-phen fraud trial decision reversed
- Around the web, February 1
- Around the web, January 6
Center for Legal Policy at the