The danger of overwarning: people are so accustomed to wacky warnings, that they stop using common sense, and 121 people have reported drinking Benadryl Extra-Strength Itch-Stopping Gel. The manufacturer, Johnson & Johnson has added two warnings saying "For Skin Use Only." MSNBC commenters are not impressed (h/t W.F.).
"Stop drinking your lotion, people!"
- The fine print
- Suing banks over ATM crime
- Overwarning over grilled chicken
- Judge Posner opinion on overwarning
- Elizabeth Warren complains about overdisclosure
- Damned if you, damned if you don't: pharma held potentially liable for overwarning
- Product recall fatigue
- Maureen Dowd gets it wrong on cellphone warnings
- "Disclosed to Death"
- "Use of a headset that covers both ears will impair your ability to hear other sounds"
- Over-specific product warnings
- Preemption and SSRI/suicide suits
- Waxman report on drug preemption
Center for Legal Policy at the