Prof. (formerly Judge) Mike McConnell, a longtime Point of Law favorite, suggests they're either pre-empted or unnecessary. [NPR]
State statutes purporting to opt out from Obamacare
- AIG, Government Rescues, and Billion Dollar Copiers
- Mutual Pharmaceutical Co. v. Bartlett
- Full Federal Pre-emption of State Consumer Protection Food Suits
- Two senses of federalism
- Podcast with Ilya Shapiro: Arizona v. U.S.
- Arizona v. U.S. Podcast: Post-decision analysis with Adam Freedman
- More on Bartlett v. Mutual Pharm.
- Around the web, May 11
- How will the Supreme Court rule in Arizona v. U.S.?
- First Circuit: juries can second-guess FDA "safe and effective" finding
- Speaking of upside-down premption: Arizona v. United States
- EEOC "guidance" on use of conviction records
- Podcast with Ilya Shapiro: Arizona v. U.S. analysis and predictions
- Making the case for federal tort reform
- Update on California foreign policy efforts