Labor policy and labor law are the theme of the latest (Winter 2010) issue of the Cato Journal. Among the contributions (all PDF) are Armand Thieblot, "Unions, the Rule of Law, and Political Rent Seeking"; George C. Leef, "Prevailing Wage Laws: Public Interest or Special Interest Legislation?"; and Charles W. Baird, "Toward a Free-Market Union Law."
Cato Journal: "Are Unions Good for America?"
- David Larcker on union activism
- Bainbridge on unions
- Police union abuse
- CLP Director James Copland in the Washington Examiner
- Labor unions spend four times as much as previously thought on politics
- New Podcast: Season-end report for the 2012 proxy season
- Manhattan Institute releases its Season-End Report for the 2012 Proxy Season
- Pennsylvania Supreme Court to review Wal-Mart class action mega verdict
- Another big setback for public sector unions
- New Webinar: Shareholder activism concerning corporate spending disclosures
- Proxy Monitor: Potential Influence of ISS over Shareholder Votes
- New Proxy Monitor Report: Will alarming trends in shareholder activism continue in 2012?
- San Francisco sick leave followup
- FLSA and breast-feeding
- Hans Bader uncovers a Catch-22 in EEOC enforcement
Center for Legal Policy at the