A $75 million class action settlement with American Express over credit card foreign exchange conversion fees includes a $2 million slush fund whose beneficiaries include the University of Miami law school, Legal Services of Greater Miami and children's advocacy groups. [Daily Business Report]
Another law school gets cy pres money
- Feature, not a bug, department
- What does the Baylor Law data leak tell us about affirmative action?
- Day v. Persels & Associates
- Suffolk County DA slush fund?
- Update on California foreign policy efforts
- Sixth Circuit brief in Pampers Dry Max class action
- McClintic v. Lithia Motors
- Legal education: Debate shifts from content to competition
- To reform or not to reform legal education?
- Courts still ignoring cy pres requirements
- Hans Bader on challenging class-action abuses
- Wherein CCAF is "justly lauded"
- Fifth and Ninth Circuits crack down on cy pres abuse
- Kentucky fen-phen scandal update
- Speaking of attorney general slush funds
Center for Legal Policy at the