A "new Associated Press poll says most Americans support curbs on medical malpractice lawsuits. The AP poll found that 54 percent favor making it harder to sue doctors and hospitals for mistakes taking care of patients, while 32 percent are opposed. The rest are undecided or don't know." [AP/Chicago Tribune]
AP poll: most favor limiting med-mal awards
- Medical malpractice reform passes House
- Federal constitutional challenge to Texas tort reform rejected
- HR 5
- New Featured Discussion: MI and Cato scholars debate med-mal
- Arafiles update
- Around the web, July 27
- Around the web, June 24
- Around the web, June 16
- Illusory medical malpractice reform in New York
- "Intent to Harm"
- Somin on federalism and tort reform
- Around the web, May 23
- The constitutionality of HR 5
- "Have Policy Debates on Liability Reform Overemphasized States' Rights?"
- The Commerce Clause, sufficient for federal medical tort reform?
Center for Legal Policy at the