The New York Daily News has been giving the issue a lot of attention in recent days:
- "Law firms gave controllers big bucks, then got $518M in fees from state fund"
- "State Controller DiNapoli taps top donors to defend state's pension in megabucks suits"
- "AG Cuomo tells legislature to end pay-to-play in pension funds before SEC"
- "Pension middlemen gave $158K to Bill Thompson's campaigns and got $2.2B in city business"
- "Mayor Bloomberg rips Thompson for taking cash from pension middlemen"
- "Some doubt Mayoral hopeful Bill Thompson can escape pension fund scandal mess"