The Washington Examiner's Tim Carney argues that Jack Abramoff's colleague Kevin Ring is being unfairly prosecuted under the extremely broad federal wire fraud law for the legal act of lobbying in bad company.
Is Lobbying a Crime?
- Bond v. U.S.
- A Poster Child for Overcriminalization: The History of the Lacey Act
- Opposing FCPA Overcriminalization
- The Detrimental Effects of Extreme Deterrence
- Debate Concludes: The need for a reasonable mistake of law defense
- Reply: Never underestimate a defense lawyer's imagination
- A Debate: The need for a reasonable mistake of law defense
- Follow the debate: Overcriminalization is a problem, but a 'mistake of law defense' is not the right solution
- New Featured Discussion: Reconsidering the 'mistake of law defense' in the battle against overcriminalization
- Teen Sexting, Youthful Mistake or Felony?
- New Podcast: Federal overcriminalization hurts Ohioans
- Illinois, Chicago treats small businesses like they're a problem
- A better solution to prison overcrowding
- Re-Publication of 2013 Proxy Season Review
- Whose Intent is it Anyway? The Case for State Flexibility in Criminal Law
Center for Legal Policy at the