Today's Wall St. Journal details Oklahoma's "pay to sue" racket, whereby the state AG sues defendants using outside contingent fee attorneys, who then funnel part of their contingency payment back to the AG's political coffers.
WSJ Blasts Oklahoma's AG
- $1M baseball bat verdict overturned in Oklahoma
- Around the web, June 23
- Federal district court dismisses Netflix suit
- Wal-Mart Settlement Offer: Potentially Pocket Change for Class Member Participants
- Kentucky AG Sued Over Contingency-Fee Arrangement With Private Outside Counsel
- Coverage of Trial Lawyers Inc.
- Jim Hood's coupon settlement
- Lester Brickman podcast
- "$7 million to sue Wal-Mart"?
- Around the web, June 13
- Around the web, April 14
- Oklahoma tort reform passes
- Oklahoma tort reform moving forward
- Podcast: Lester Brickman and "Lawyer Barons"
- Colorado DA offers bonuses for convictions
Center for Legal Policy at the