Larry Ribstein takes a first look at some truly remarkable, and disturbing, ideas coming out of Washington: "The key difference in the stories is in the lead paragraph of the NYT story that the Obama administration was considering 'moving beyond banks to include more loosely regulated hedge funds and private equity firms.'"
Setting financiers' pay, bailed-out or no?
- Second Circuit: Pragmatism Trumps Truth
- Designating in the Dark
- Letting Nonbanks Be Nonbanks
- Advice with Borders
- SEC Chairman Speaks Again
- Stockpiling Penalties
- FINRA's Profits Should Come With a Price
- SEC Chair Pushing to Adopt Proposed Rule to Lift Ban on General Solicitation
- NY Times piece on SEC political spending rulemaking petition
- When Having 200,000 Friends Is Not Enough
- New Podcast: What's wrong with Dodd-Frank?
- Dodd-Frank Disappointments
- Facebook Disappointments
- This Week's Dodd-Frank Implementation Hearings
- Harvey Pitt on the future of the SEC