The defense and health-care industries are already to some extent battle-hardened to the False Claims Act and its bounty-hunter-driven whistleblower provisions. As for numerous other sectors now being swept into a relationship with federal money through the financial crisis and bailout, well, they're not going to know what hit them.
Poll: Execs fear bailout/crisis litigation
- Second Circuit: Pragmatism Trumps Truth
- Letting Nonbanks Be Nonbanks
- Advice with Borders
- Suing for Settling
- Striving for Justice
- AIG, Government Rescues, and Billion Dollar Copiers
- Financial Crisis Lessons for Prosecutors
- Businessweek on class actions
- Treasury's Coloring Book
- Better bounty hunting in securities litigation?
- Recklessly Jailing Bankers
- SEC Settles on Poor Cases
- Gabelli v. SEC
- Are big-bank prosecutions following in the troubled footsteps of FCPA enforcement?
- Is PSLRA litigation so risky as to require a 4x multiplier?
Center for Legal Policy at the