Bruce Nye at Cal Biz Lit concludes his liveblogging of a Defense Research Institute West Coast conference by summarizing several more sessions, including one on the sophisticated user defense, and another in which Dean Erwin Chemerinsky discussed pre-emption at the Supreme Court; Nye concludes with some thoughts about the distinctiveness of California product liability and toxics law. Earlier here.
More liveblogging of DRI conference
- Atrazine litigation in Madison County
- Told-you-so dept.: USDOT exonerates Toyota
- Web-only Q & A session on Stossel
- Group: bankrupt chemical maker owes another $9 billion
- Louisiana judge: "gradual", "environmental" insurance exclusions don't apply to bad drywall
- "Federal Judge Tosses $100 Million Punitive Damages Award Against BP"
- NYC may have upper hand in ExxonMobil MTBE trial
- PBDE Liability: Get ready
- Rhode Island lead paint: big win for defense
- California class actions
- California wildfires
- $96m Smokeless Tobacco Cases class action settlement
- California bill on collateral-source rule
- Errin' at the podium