Ezekiel Emanuel, a "key Obama health advisor" who also happens to be an oncologist and the brother of White House chief of staff Rahm Emanuel, raised the prospect of a Democrat-led federal med-mal reform effort during an AMA meeting. See Yahoo coverage here. Health Courts are apparently a possibility being seriously considered.
Remark by COS's brother about federal med-mal reform has the press atwitter
- New Podcasts: The constitutionality of Obamacare
- Medical malpractice reform passes House
- Federal constitutional challenge to Texas tort reform rejected
- Obamacare Debate Complete: The participant with the most compelling argument was...
- Coming next week: featured discussion on PPACA
- HR 5
- New Featured Discussion: MI and Cato scholars debate med-mal
- Arafiles update
- Dahlia Lithwick does it again
- Paul Howard on the PPACA
- Epstein and Tribe debate PPACA
- SCOTUS Grants 5.5-Hour Oral Argument on Constitutionality of PPACA: What to Expect
- D.C. Circuit Upholds "Minimum Essential Coverage Provision"
- Obamacare SCOTUS-bound?
- Around the web, August 22
Center for Legal Policy at the