Ezekiel Emanuel, a "key Obama health advisor" who also happens to be an oncologist and the brother of White House chief of staff Rahm Emanuel, raised the prospect of a Democrat-led federal med-mal reform effort during an AMA meeting. See Yahoo coverage here. Health Courts are apparently a possibility being seriously considered.
Remark by COS's brother about federal med-mal reform has the press atwitter
- What the Gosnell case tells us about medical malpractice efficacy
- Epstein on providing for the poor
- Does medical malpractice liability lead to better quality health care?
- Missouri Supreme Court strikes down noneconomic damage caps in med mal cases
- Medical malpractice reform in New Hampshire
- New Podcasts: Reactions to the Obamacare decision
- The implications
- The decision (with apologies to Lebron James)
- Winning the battle, but losing the war (for expansive federal government power)?
- The ACA, Intrade, and other tea leaves
- Post-tort-reform Texas doctor supply
- Making the case for federal tort reform
- New Podcasts: The constitutionality of Obamacare
- Medical malpractice reform passes House
- Federal constitutional challenge to Texas tort reform rejected