You'd really think that in hopes of living down his role in (to name just one) the silicone breast implant affair, Dr. Sidney Wolfe of Public Citizen would long since have quietly withdrawn from public life. Instead, almost incredibly, he's managed to get himself appointed to a four-year term on the FDA's Drug Safety and Risk Management Committee. Virginia Postrel is appropriately outraged and wants to know how this could have happened. More: David Bernstein @ Volokh.
"Bad news for medical progress"
- How much is the Bluetooth settlement injunction worth?
- Around the web, February 21
- Preempro jackpot justice verdicts in Philadelphia
- Chesley experts in two cases drop testimony
- Liability for thee, but not for me
- Texas Supreme Court finishes off Garza v. Merck
- "Win or lose, trial lawyers get millions in Vioxx fees"
- Around the web, August 11
- Dewey v. Volkswagen opening brief
- What the heck is going on in King County family court?
- Around the web, July 12
- Podcast on Wal-Mart v. Dukes
- $322M verdict for phantom asbestosis
- Gameshow justice: Godwin v. Electrolux Home Prods.
- The need for federal anti-SLAPP law
Center for Legal Policy at the