You'd really think that in hopes of living down his role in (to name just one) the silicone breast implant affair, Dr. Sidney Wolfe of Public Citizen would long since have quietly withdrawn from public life. Instead, almost incredibly, he's managed to get himself appointed to a four-year term on the FDA's Drug Safety and Risk Management Committee. Virginia Postrel is appropriately outraged and wants to know how this could have happened. More: David Bernstein @ Volokh.
"Bad news for medical progress"
- Public Citizen's Unfair Attack on Arbitration
- The cy pres morass and In re BankAmerica Corp. Securities Litigation
- Roach v. T.L. Cannon Corp.
- Public Citizen and social investors peddling falsehoods
- Request for assistance: In re Citigroup Securities Litigation
- Amgen, Johnson & Johnson, Bernstein Litowitz, and the fraud on the market theory
- HRT punitive damages before Pennsylvania Supreme Court
- Expert standards in Nevada
- Breaking: federal Kentucky fen-phen convictions upheld
- How much is the Bluetooth settlement injunction worth?
- Around the web, February 21
- Preempro jackpot justice verdicts in Philadelphia
- Chesley experts in two cases drop testimony
- Liability for thee, but not for me
- Texas Supreme Court finishes off Garza v. Merck