The morning event is the fifth in a series co-sponsored with the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation. Among likely topics that will come up: Democratic Sen. Max Baucus of Montana, who chairs the Finance Committee, has introduced a bill that would provide incentives for states to experiment with alternatives to med-mal litigation (via TortsProf).
Tuesday in D.C.: Common Good medical justice forum
- Medical malpractice reform passes House
- Federal constitutional challenge to Texas tort reform rejected
- HR 5
- New Featured Discussion: MI and Cato scholars debate med-mal
- Arafiles update
- Around the web, July 27
- Around the web, June 24
- Around the web, June 16
- Illusory medical malpractice reform in New York
- "Intent to Harm"
- Somin on federalism and tort reform
- Around the web, May 23
- The constitutionality of HR 5
- Trial lawyers lobbying heavily to block federal medical liability reform
- "Have Policy Debates on Liability Reform Overemphasized States' Rights?"
Center for Legal Policy at the