Wednesday evening, Jun. 25, at the Cornell Club, with participants Richard L. Herz (Litigation Coordinator, NGO Earthrights International), Julian Ku (Associate Professor, Hofstra University School of Law), and Vince Vitkowsky (Edwards Angell Palmer & Dodge LLP), moderating. Details here.
NYC Federalist event: Alien Tort Statute
- New Podcasts: Making sense of the court order in Kiobel
- New Featured Discussion: Kiobel and corporate liability under the Alien Tort Statute
- Alien Tort Claims Act: Kiobel cert petition
- Resisting an all-encompassing Alien Tort Statute
- Alien Tort Statute Claim Dismissed as Result of Iqbal Case.
- "Lawsuits target oil company operations overseas"
- "The U.S. Can't Be the World's Court"
- Jury vindicates Chevron in Nigeria brutality case
- The Alien Tort Claims Act: the next encroachment in the rule of lawyers?
Center for Legal Policy at the