Its Congressional backers didn't tell us that the cost of reopening suits against the USDA might be $3 billion, not $100 million. Shouldn't there be more careful scrutiny of litigation earmarks ahead of the fact, as opposed to these surprises afterward?
Litigation earmark for black-farmers suit
- Prairie dog bite: $328,370
- New Zealand's unique injury compensation system
- Yoo-hoo! ABA Journal!
- Bigger jury verdicts during the holiday season?
- "What determines malpractice payments?"
- $60 Million Damages Award to Sleepy Driver Overturned
- Taxation of employment-law damages
- Arkansas drug suit, cont'd
- The nullification crisis of 2004?
- Utah court tosses "split-award" law
- Asbestos: goodbye to another insurer
- Does tort reform affect insurance rates? II
- Update: Eisenberg/Miller study
- The Lawsuits of Madison County
Center for Legal Policy at the