The Independent Urologist reflects on a family of Long Island ob/gyns gradually being driven out of business by the liability climate -- aside from the one member who moved his practice to Maine and saw his med-mal insurance drop by 66%. Related: doctors rallied Mar. 4 in Albany; Newsday editorial; more from the IU.
"Where is Dr. Carl?"
- The hidden weight on our educational system
- "The Supreme Court Must Stop The Trial Lawyers' War On Innovation"
- "New Study: U.S. Legal System Is World's Most Costly"
- Floods of "floodgates"
- The debate continues over New York's "scaffold law"
- WSJ on Blitz USA
- Mandating employee benefits isn't free
- Blitz USA closes Oklahoma factory
- The burdens of e-discovery
- Around the web, May 7
- Post-tort-reform Texas doctor supply
- The problems of product liability
- § 1920 and e-discovery costs
- "When Lawyers Become Trolls"
- NYC Transit Authority forbids drivers from calling police?